Cichlid Eat Forever
A downloadable game for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
Be a pet fish.
A kinda janky entry for Fishing Jam 2: https://itch.io/jam/fishing-jam-2
WASD + Mouse to swim/look around.
Tap Spacebar to swim much faster.
Hold Left Shift to slow down & move with greater precision.
Press E to dart towards food that's very close to your mouth.
There are none. You are a pet fish.
Some things you can do:
- Swim around the tank.
- Bop the plant-things.
- Knock little stones around.
- Hang out in the toy castle.
- Get sucked against the water filter. (This is harmless.)
- Overlap pellets with your mouth to eat them.*
- Try to exit the tank. (Don't worry, you will always be put back.)
*Note re: eating: Your mouth is located slightly below the camera, so you may find eating challenging. The E key helps a little to give you a nudge if you're close, as does slowing down & moving more carefully with Left Shift.
added in build 2 (11/6 - after the jam) :
- plant-things you can kinda bop around
- more rocks
- a passage under one of the rocks
- a bubble tube / bubbles
- a feeding schedule (pellets drop every minute or so)
- if you manage to leap out of the tank, you will hit the floor and start to suffocate, but get tossed unceremoniously back into the tank before that can happen
- you must align the food with your mouth to eat it
- eating a pellet will flash the screen green for a second
- advanced fish controls
- other minor things (like wires leading out of the various powered apparatus)
- indoor cubemap/skybox from "Free HDRI maps" pack by "ProAssets" on the unity asset store: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/55174
- core buoyancy script credited to Alex Zhdankin under "do whatever you like" license (WTFPL) from the following unity forum thread: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/72974-Buoyancy-sc... (I made some minor edits for this work)
- plant-things generated with "Ultimate Rope Editor" from the unity asset store: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/7279
- meshes built with Sabre CSG (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/47418) and/or ProBuilder ("advanced" version: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/3558, free version: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/11919) from the unity asset store
- fish controller adapted from the Unity Standard Assets' FPS controller
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.